Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco aironet 1130g and windows 2003 with cisco ACS

hi

i  have configured windows 2003 server with  DNS ,Active directory users and dhcp server.  and configured my cisco 1130g AP .

i have installed cisco access control server 4.0 because i use LEAP authentication protocol and for the ACS for network configuration i give aaa client ip addresss as AP interface ip and  same shared secret for the AP and ACS,.

so  when i log to wifi it ask username and password

problem is lap top cannot have a ip address my dhcp server not issue any ip address .

my hiper terminal massage is like this when i connect to wifi 

help ...thank you...

17 Replies 17

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try an SSID in open mode to make sure that connectivity and dhcp pool was correctly configured before trying to integrate with acs ?

It seems that here your authentication is failing, what is ACS giving as authentication failure reason ?

Nicolas

thanks for the reply

yes in the open mode SSID without any configuration i can connect to the internet and dhcp server issue ip address for the laptop.

how will i get ACS authentication failure reasons..

thank you..

Reports and Activity=> Failed attempts-> Active

Regards,

Nicolas

yes there is a massage "EAP type not configuerd "

thank you...

hi

but i enable  LEAP authentication in ACS and Access point ,,then why it is asking eap type..???????

thank you....

There must be a reason ...

Can you post the access point configuration ? As well as the ACS screenshot where you are allowing leap ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

yes sure

this is for ACS

for ACS aaa client- ip address of the access point

and this is for access point

for coperate servers  192.168.90.15  - ip address of the server machine where acs installed.

network access server 192.168.90.19 - ip address of the access point.

authentication protocol - LEAP

please help me ...im fed up with this over two months...

A "show run" is faster to collect on the AP command line and tells more than screenshots.

But it seems like you both configured the AP to use the ACS as radius server and the AP to also act as a local radius server (which should be removed if it's acs you want to use).

Regards,

Nicolas

thnks for the reply

if i configure 2008 server in PEAP authenticatoion can aironet 1130g communicate with it..

thank you..

The AP doesn't care about the eap method you are doing. It is between the client and the ACS that peap happens. So yes you can go ahead.

That maybe makes me think that your client was not configured for leap but you thought you had leap since you activated that on the AP ?

Nicolas

thnks fo reply

and there is a another issue that when i connect to wifi it ask user name and password ,,but after i provide it  wifi try to access and there is  failure..

is there any issue with active directory?????

No. the question is how did you configure your client ...

what do you mean by that ???

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card