Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1815i Mobility Express and Other Capwap GUI

iamNaveed
Level 1
Level 1

Salam,

I have converted one Access point from capwap to Mobility Express by TFTP server. Now i have web access as attached below pics. I need to add another access points to this AP Controller, but when i am getting error as attached.

I tried also for capwap access point convert to ME and shows "mode converting is not applicable for this AP"

Do i need to convert all the access point separately one by one to Mobility Express by TFTP Server or just one is enough and the remaining i can configure from here? 

AP4.png

AP4 error.png

3 Replies 3

Hi

What are the models you have?

But, yes they all should be Mobility Express.

All AP are the same model "AIR-AP1815I-E-K9"

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The APs do NOT all have to run the ME software.  They can be subordinate CAPWAP APs.  If you want a backup ME controller then you can convert one more of them. If you want them all to be potential backup controllers then convert all of them.
But the AP does need to download the same version of image that the controller is running and it does need to do that from TFTP (as configured on the ME controller).  Alternatively you can load the correct CAPWAP image version directly on each AP.
AP first join the WLC and check the software version.
If they have the correct version already they continue to register fully with the WLC.
If they don't have the correct software they will download and install from the TFTP server you configure on the controller and then reboot.
The TFTP server must have the contents of the ME .zip file (from Cisco software download) unzipped on the server for the APs to download the correct AP image.

What does "show ap summ" and "show ap image all" on the controller CLI show?
What do the logs on one of those APs show - from power-on.  Attach the logs as a text file (.txt).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card