cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco aironet  1835 firmware

aain
Level 1
Level 1

Have a Cisco aironet  1835 installed and mounted but won’t see our controller  running 8.3.141.What minimum version is required for AP to join the controller,

7 Replies 7

Which WLC do you have?

Mostly probably you have some other problem.  1835 is brand new and would join  in almost 8.X wlc.

WLC is with 8.3.141.0 version and from the below list it shows 1832i is compatible with that version. But AP has 8.10.130.0 . How could I check the firmware compatibility? I couldn’t find one in cisco

aain_0-1649362944097.png

Can you access this AP with console and run the command "show run" ?

This AP probably is running Mobility Express image and not Capwap image.

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

Which AP Model? 1815 or 1830?

You can refer Table 6. Cisco Controller Software Releases, AP IOS Releases, and Supported Access Points from the following compatibility matrix to verify AP support based on WLC Code

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#ctr-ap_support

CJ

/**Please rate useful responses**/

WLC is with 8.3.141.0 version and from the below list it shows 1832i is compatible with that version. But AP has 8.10.130.0 . How could I check the firmware compatibility? I couldn’t find one in cisco

Certificate is expired
Certificate Start Date: Nov 9 23:57:34 2011 GMT
Certificate End Date: Nov 10 00:07:34 2021 GMT
display_verify_cert_status: Verify Cert: FAILED at 0 depth: certificate has expired

dtls_verify_con_cert: Controller certificate verification error
dtls_process_packet: Controller certificate verification failed
sendPacketToDtls: DTLS: Closing connection 0x2b93bc00.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if your setup is correct with Option 43 with AP onboarding setup, AP has a compatible version, then AP join controller, you can view in the list

if not you need to console to AP and look at the boot log to see what is wrong?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card