Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Notification Issue

AmyDavidson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm getting a problem with my Macbook (Big Sur 11.5.2) showing an error message "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Notification" will damage your computer. I'm trying to uninstall it but I'm having no luck.

I've tried going to the folder (Macintosh HD > opt > cisco > anyconect> bin) and moving everything to the trash. The only thing left is the application itself, which won't move to the trash as it's "still open". So I go to the Activity monitor and force quit the program. Nothing happens!

This error won't be dismissed or go away. Please help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ok, you have now probably broken the installation. 

If not already removed from the trash, put the files back. If already removed, try to install AnyConnect again from the place where you last received it. After that simply run the uninstallation!

If the uninstall wont work, then these are the manual steps to uninstall it by force:

Enter the following command inside the Terminal, important, your user must have set a password:
$ sudo /opt/cisco/vpn/bin/vpn_uninstall.sh

Don't enter the $ sign.

You'll be asked for your password. Follow the screen prompts to uninstall it and reboot afterwards.

If still somethings remains, open a Terminal again and enter:
sudo pkgutil --forget com.cisco.pkg.anyconnect.vpn

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's better you check with your organizations IT admin. AnyConnect can be used in lot of different ways (VPN, Compliance check, MDM, Roaming agent etc) 

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ok, you have now probably broken the installation. 

If not already removed from the trash, put the files back. If already removed, try to install AnyConnect again from the place where you last received it. After that simply run the uninstallation!

If the uninstall wont work, then these are the manual steps to uninstall it by force:

Enter the following command inside the Terminal, important, your user must have set a password:
$ sudo /opt/cisco/vpn/bin/vpn_uninstall.sh

Don't enter the $ sign.

You'll be asked for your password. Follow the screen prompts to uninstall it and reboot afterwards.

If still somethings remains, open a Terminal again and enter:
sudo pkgutil --forget com.cisco.pkg.anyconnect.vpn
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card