Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business Wireless 240AC Access Point - LAN with no Internet

codey.ralph
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently trying to setup a wireless mesh network for my workplace. Currently trying to configure the master AP - i have attempted to setup with an Iphone and a Samsung through the App with both having "failures to connect".

Umbrella has been Allowed through our firewall

Furthest i get is setting it up with a wireless link through a PC. I am able to add all the extenders with no problems.

I did the software/firmware update manually on the device because it isn't receiving internet link to download said updates. 

Unfortunately within the settings there is no manual IP Configuration, only the umbrella config.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All ok now, turns out the connection is there. Another connection through the firewall was saying it was blocked although i could access the internet. After a reset and reconfigure it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this issue only with iPhone and Samsung mobile devices? what models?

when PC is connected what Mode it connecting? (you able to get internet and all working as expected ?)

worth changing the wireless modes and testing it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/wireless/CB-Wireless-Mesh/2109-tz-troubleshooting-CBW-Mesh-Network.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

All ok now, turns out the connection is there. Another connection through the firewall was saying it was blocked although i could access the internet. After a reset and reconfigure it worked.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card