Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco disables 160 MHz channels with 8.10.142.0 for Wave2 APs

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey all

Just a little heads up for those using the Cisco Wave2 APs (Cisco 2800, 3800, 4800, 1560, 6300 Series), starting with 8.10.142.0 they've disabled the 160 MHz capability for those models, I think for failure of detection of radar events. It's unclear at this date if it will be enabled again. 

Track it: CSCvw29651

This shouldn't play a role in most enterprises, but for those using one at home, this is kind of disappointing. 

Patrick

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the heads-up, Patrick.

EDIT:  CSCvw29651 is listed in the Resolved Caveats section of the 8.10.142.0 Release Notes.

NOTE:  This bug is related to CSCvw35985.

Thanks, it seems they have adjusted it in the release notes since I posted it.

Maybe we need to regularly keep an eye out for any "updates" in the Release Notes.  

jasonm002
Level 1
Level 1

Removing a feature in an update as a stop gap because the developers could not fix a different bug on time is insane. This release should be pulled and replaced with 8.10.143.0 ASAP. I'm using 160MHz channels now and if I'd gone to this version it would have been a trap.

Actually it seems 160 MHz channels aren't possible on the previous release already, but it's not shown in the interface. I haven't tested it myself with a wireless scanner though.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card