Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobility Express AP1562

Hello

I hade a few AP 1562 and one of them is the contoller. When i connect the AP to the controller every client is disconnected.

Whats wrong? If the AP did not see the controller everything works fine.

best regards

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Can the AP really join the mobility express controller ? Verify this by looking the AP join stats and or summary on the mobility controller , also when the AP tries to join look at the logs on the controller and the AP logs (possibly on console) too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

yes the Ap is in the table on the controller and i can see any configuration from the ap. The ssid is available but when i want to connect a client i got a disconnect. If i disable the connection from the AP to the controller ervey client gets connected. 

br

- 1) Can clients use the mobility express controller (only) ?   2) Look into client debugging https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/100260-wlc-debug-client.html . you can have client debugs analyzed with : https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-debug-analyzer/ , 3) have a checkup of the controller configuration with the command show run-config commands , and have that tested with : https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I switch on debug on the controller and i always got this message

*spamApTask0: Feb 15 13:32:42.296: ac:5f:ea:3c:d9:ed Received DELETE mobile, reasonCode MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, deleteReason 4 from AP 08:4f:a9:4b:d8:a0, slot 0 ...cleaning up mscb
*spamApTask0: Feb 15 13:32:59.297: ac:5f:ea:3c:d9:ed Received DELETE mobile, reasonCode MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, deleteReason 4 from AP 08:4f:a9:4b:d8:a0, slot 0 ...cleaning up mscb
*spamApTask0: Feb 15 13:33:13.298: ac:5f:ea:3c:d9:ed Received DELETE mobile, reasonCode MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, deleteReason 4 from AP 08:4f:a9:4b:d8:a0, slot 0 ...cleaning up mscb
*spamApTask0: Feb 15 13:33:16.299: e4:a7:a0:51:25:ac Received DELETE mobile, reasonCode MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, deleteReason 4 from AP 08:4f:a9:4b:d8:a0, slot 1 ...cleaning up mscb
*spamApTask0: Feb 15 13:33:27.300: ac:5f:ea:3c:d9:ed Received DELETE mobile, reasonCode MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, deleteReason 4 from AP 08:4f:a9:4b:d8:a0, slot 0 ...cleaning up mscb
*spamApTask0: Feb 15 13:33:43.301: ac:5f:ea:3c:d9:ed Received DELETE mobile, reasonCode MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, deleteReason 4 from AP 08:4f:a9:4b:d8:a0, slot 0 ...cleaning up mscb
*spamApTask0: Feb 15 13:33:58.302: ac:5f:ea:3c:d9:ed Received DELETE mobile, reasonCode MN_REASSOC_TIMEOUT, deleteReason 4 from AP 08:4f:a9:4b:d8:a0, slot 0 ...cleaning up mscb

br

- Use latest release  , if applicable : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286305312/type/286289839/release/8.10.151.0  , check if that can help.

M.

I found now the problem. I have the controller in an other network and the AP is behind a router. When i connect de AP in the same nework everything works. Maybe the Controller and the AP communicate with broadcasts and they are not routeable.

I will contact Cisco for a protocol from the controller and AP communication.

br

Rich R
VIP
VIP

ME is primarily designed to work with all APs and WLC sitting on the same broadcast domain.
But it can work with them routed as you are trying to do but then you need the correct discovery mechanism in place (eg DHCP option 43) *and* working routing between WLC and AP - in both directions.
That shouldn't stop clients from working when directly connected to the ME AP.
Also if you have the WLC on a different switch from the other APs do you have the correct VLAN(s) configured on the switch port for the client WLAN(s)?  Flexconnect local switching requires the VLAN(s) configured on trunk port on every AP.  The WLC itself does not support VLANs though - only the AP part serving client WLANs.  So WLC and AP management IPs must always be in the untagged native VLAN.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card