Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco prime - No data in the threshold violation report

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts!

I've configured the Profile Threshold For Traps on my Wlcs on both radio (I'm interested in the client threshold especially), the setting is 20 instead of the default which is 12. I've also configured the snmp traps to be sent to the Cisco Prime by checking the matching boxes in the Auto RF Profile Traps. If I'm not correct, could you please let me know how to setup the client count properly?

When I look at the alarm part of the Prime for a specific AP, I'm able to read message mentioning "Load threshold violation reported by '802.11b/g/n interface of AP... If I go further, looking at the 'Clients over Time' graph on the AP, I can see that the numbers of Clients exceeds the number I putted in the Client Threshold on the WLC. So far, It's OK
BUT When running the Threshold Violation Report on the prime, I get a message saying No data matches the specified criteria for the report.
Does someone already tried to run this kind of report and was the result OK?
Many thanks for your help

Theo

3 Replies 3

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

It means that the AP has more clients than the configured load threshold. 

Take a look at the below link for more information about the WCS/NCS alarms

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0event.html

Hello Ravsingh

Yes I know the meaning of the threshold. In my case I am able to see the threshold alarm when looking at the AP's alarms on the Prime but not when I launch the threshold violation report. If I can see the alarm on the AP, I take it that it should appear on the report, correct?

I have similar behaviour.

For the past few weeks there have been lot of "Load threshold" and "Interference threshold violations".

It would be usefull to create a report out of this each month and see if there are AP's and/or spots with high levels of interference and load.

Unfortunately the reporting does not work.

The only useful report for me is the "AP RF Quality" this also has a Max Client Count.

But this is a static value so you do not know how many times an AP actually has this load of clients.

For me it would be usefull to get a top 100 of AP's with the most Load & Interference threshold violation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: