Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime reset APs not working

lazarmihail
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy

I have created a template in Cisco Prime to RESET the access points model type 1815W who are connected over FlexConnect but even that Cisco Prime output says that the access points have been rebooted, they are not actually rebooting and on the WLC 5520 I'm seeing that they haven't been restarted and still online since 110 days.

Any thoughts ?

19 Replies 19

@Scott Fella @patoberli 

I did the upgrade of the WLC to version 8.5.161.0 and upgrade all the APs to the same version, no luck getting those APs reset by the PI

To resume I've done so far :

1815W and 2802 APs: Upgraded to 8.5.161.0 and enabled SSH for them

5520 WLC: Upgraded to 8.5.161.0

Prime Infrastructure: Applied all the patches for version 3.4 

There is any way to see in the WLC logs if the PI sends the commands to reset these APs?

There probably is a way to debug ssh connections on the WLC, but I never used it. To be honest, I would open a TAC, Prime is a bit special in regards to working features.

@patoberli @Scott Fella 

Opening a TAC helped at the end.

The issue was that the WLC was not having a write community defined and the write community was not set under Inventory / Credentials plus, to push a command to reset the AP is not enough to thick the option Reboot AP, you have to actually give a command to the AP like enable the led status on it or anything else.

Maybe if you have syslog or if you are using tacacs will accounting you would be able to see. I haven’t had to do that so can’t really tell you if you will be able to see it or not. If the controller logs don’t show anything, then maybe just run a debug right before you initiate the reboot from PI.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

You don’t need to have ssh enabled for the ap. Your connection on Prime to a device should have both snmp and ssh. Make sure you test that by editing your device in prime.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card