Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless control system

kaso_baxtiar
Level 1
Level 1

hey people ,

as far as we know the Cisco WCS is EOS AND EOL  and same goes for adobe flash player which is not supported anymore  and WCS requiring Adobe flash player to see data and so on .

what is the solution for such case is there any other services than i can control radio waves and control them how far can they go ,or is there any alternative to Cisco wcs ?

Your help are highly appreciated, thank you guys .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The replacement of WCS is Cisco Prime Infrastructure.  

PI is going to be replaced with the super-expensive DNA Centre (if-and-when the BU can get the stability addressed).  

DNA Centre is aimed primarily at very large organization with money to spend.  There are two major components that makes DNAC is unaffordable: 

1. Price of the hardware 
  2. Price of the subscription license

On the other hand, Cisco is giving away free DNAC (DN2-HW-APL) for FREE.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to use WLC Controller here. WCS ended More than a decade now.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/wireless-lan-controller/index.html#~benefits

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may consider cisco Prime instead , is more modern and or does no longer depend on the Flash  requirements.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The replacement of WCS is Cisco Prime Infrastructure.  

PI is going to be replaced with the super-expensive DNA Centre (if-and-when the BU can get the stability addressed).  

DNA Centre is aimed primarily at very large organization with money to spend.  There are two major components that makes DNAC is unaffordable: 

1. Price of the hardware 
  2. Price of the subscription license

On the other hand, Cisco is giving away free DNAC (DN2-HW-APL) for FREE.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card