Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 2500 AP group issue and 1800 Access point band issue

Hi Team,

1. I have to issue first I want to know how I can configure Band 2.4Ghz , 802.11b/g/n specifically on some access point & rest other access point should work as is with WLC 2500 without any issue. Please share steps through GUI how i can change the band on 1800 cisco Access point.
  2. As I have configure specific AP group called  Panasonic-ACTEST & tag "APINIOTTEST2" SSID on this group. I have called 4 Access point in AP group. My query is when I power off all the access point which is called in AP group still I am getting  advertise SSID network "APINIOTTEST2" from different access point which is on default group on same cisco WLC 2500.  Can I assign SSID “"APINIOTTEST2"” on specific access point only? As I try to do by configuring AP group but it’s not working fine.

Please find the configuration backup of WLC in attachment

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
When you use ap groups, you should not leav any AP’s in the default ap group. Since the 2504 only supports wlan id 1-16, these wlans are automatically placed in the default group. So what you need to do is create a new ap group with only the SSID’s you want and place all other AP’s in that group. That will fix the issue you are seeing.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That's easy: RF Profile
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card