cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 9800 Guest access to web is not instant on first connection

Axians Networks
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with getting to the internet once authenticated via our Cisco ISE guest portal. Access to the internet does not work for at least 3 to 5 minutes before everything just kicks in and it works without any network intervention.  We have Cisco 9800 WLC's, Cisco ISE for the guest and sponsor portals, and Fortinet firewalls.

We also have our AP's randomly dropping packets whilst users are connected to the wireless networks.  We are predominately using Cisco 9115AXI, AIR-AP2802I-E-K9, AIR-AP1852I-E-K9, AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 access points.

Any suggestions to resolve or diagnose the problem are welcome.

Ammo Devgun

18 Replies 18

Hi 

I cannot see a load balancing option under the server group.  I do have two separate Radius configurations.  1 is for our parent company consisting of 2 ISE nodes.  The other is a single ISE node which we have setup for our Guest wireless so we can utilise the captive portals.

The only place I could find load balancing of any sort was on the actual WLANs.

So once the credentials are entered and the clicks log on.  nothing happens, for a good four or 5 minutes and then it springs to life and starts working.

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Axians,

Your issue is related with change of authorization (COA). Check your COA configuration or reconfigure COA.

GoodLuck
Regards
Gaurav Kansal

If you find this post helpful then please vote as Helpful and if it solves your issue then please mark as Solution.

Yes - as I tried to explain already!

@Axians Networks - read my reply from 31-05-2024

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card