cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciso 1200AP ACS & Symbol MC9000g

dmooreabc
Level 1
Level 1

I have some Symbol MC9000G wireless barcode scanning guns that are hanging.

I am using Cisco ACS 3.23 build 11 with 1200 series AP's. The wireless Symbol Mc9000G guns authenticate via MAC and LEAP and WEP from ACS server

A consultant working on the project suggested adjusting the RADIUS time-out settings. He saw this "fix" the time-out problem on another site.

I have set the "timeout" settings in ACS under RADIUS Attributes to 1500 seconds. Did the same on the Cisco-Aironet-Session-Timeout" setting in the "User Setup". Still getting "hangs" on the guns. A "hang" is the gun loses its connectivity to the wireless network. If the device is DHCP, then the dhcp address disappears, if static IP used, no connnectivity.

Are there other changes I can make?

I know these Radius Time-Out settings are to combat the security weakness in the LEAP auth.

It is possible this is related to a custom software package on the gun, but I need to rule out it being a

problem with the AP's and ACS.

thanks

1 Reply 1

tcgla0
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar issue with the Symbol MC9060, the handhelds kept reauthenicating and doing DHCP request. It turn out to be a driver issue on the Symbol unit. We downloaded the latest and greater driver from Symbol and that took care of the problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card