Views
Helpful
Replies

Client assoc request rate got corrupt. config rate to radio again

Enamul.haque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a cisco 2504 wlc running version 8.3.143. I have both 1700 (Quantity: 16) and 1832i (Quantity: 03) series ap in my controller. the client can easily connect to the 1700 series ap but can not connect via 1832i. Both ap broadcast the SSID but from 1832i series Ap client cannot get the IP address from DHCP and appears below error from the console:

"Client assoc request rate got corrupt. config rate to radio again" 
"apr1v1 ioctl op=0x8bfa len=46 failed: 22 (Invalid argument)"

Please help me to solve this.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Very much smells like a bug , use latest advisory release on the 2504 , 8.3.x is also rather old

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. If I upgrade my WLC version 8.3.143 to 8.5.161, will my 1700 series ap support that? 

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

>.... will my 1700 series support that

Yes, check Table 6

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card