cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

clients connect to AP541n with limited access

LAAsm2012b
Level 1
Level 1

AP has static IP with 2 SSIDs setup, one for guest one for domain access(both have the same issue), tried with multiple devices, both win and MAC, all show "connected but with limited access", ipconfig on those devices, all show ip "169.254.X.X", but event log on AP indicates that "authentication has been completed sucessfully".

using RADIUS server for authentication.

management VLAN ID "1", SSID VLAN ID "11"

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have both VLAN troubled to the AP? Do you have the ip helper configured under the L3 interface for the VLANs?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

thank u for the prompt reply, yes, all devices have trouble connecting to both SSIDs, same error.

for ip helper configuration, I am not sure as we lost admin pw for all APs, I just start it from scratch, and I am new to Cisco AP and I do appreciate if you can direct me how to troubleshot in more details.

the ip helper would either be on the SVI of the switch, or the router subinterface, not the AP.

if you connect a laptop to a port on vlan 1 and vlan 11,are you able to get DHCP?

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

y, the switch that AP connects to has ip helper configuration, when laptop connects to the port on switch, got proper IP.

AP is on subnet 192.168.4.250 which is VLAN1

DHCP server : 192.168.4.100

VLAN 11:192.168.44.X

thanks.

has been temporarily fixed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: