Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility AIR-AP1852I-B-K9 and AIR-LAP1142N-A-K9

ip_guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

Can someone clarify me if AIR-LAP1142 is compatible with AP1852, since I have in the office 2 active AP1852 and now I want to add 2 more of AIR-LAP1142. Is it possible to synchronize AIR-LAP1142 with Mobility Express and is there possibility for Roaming so all 4 devices can work as one wireless network with single password?

Thank you in advance,
Tana

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you configure the same SSID, PSK and security settings, the users can roam, but the connection can drop for a few seconds while they do.

For real seamless roaming you need other Mobility Express capable access points.

View solution in original post

I suggest the latest you can take, it will probably be the very latest anyway.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Nope.

Hello Leo,

Thank you for response.

How then I can achieve Roaming with those devices? Any suggestion?

What if I implement only AIR-LAP1142N model (4 pieces) and configure them with same SSID and same password, will be there Roaming then?

Thank you,

Tana

True roaming is only possible with a WLC or Mobility Express, do you already have a WLC for the very(!) old 1142?

No, i dont have WLC for old 1142. only ME for 1852.

What i can do to achieve roaming with 1852 and 1142?

If you configure the same SSID, PSK and security settings, the users can roam, but the connection can drop for a few seconds while they do.

For real seamless roaming you need other Mobility Express capable access points.

Thank you for response patoberli.

Just one more thing, do you know what version of software is suggested for AIR-1140 series? I have to upgrade them from rommon mode.

Thank you in advance.

I suggest the latest you can take, it will probably be the very latest anyway.

Thank you patoberli.

Do you know or have some procedure how to upgrade AIR1142 from rommon mode?

Sorry for annoying you I just don't have enough time to google it for.

Regards

Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card