cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of wlc 5508 for AP 3702i

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

Can someone please share their experience or knowledge of configuring wlc 5508 and adding 10 APs 3703i to it?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@adeebtaqui wrote:

Can someone please share their experience or knowledge of configuring wlc 5508 and adding 10 APs 3703i to it?

Please elaborate.  How far have you gone?  What problems encountered?  Is the WLC &/or AP still in the box?

Wlc5508 is still in box. We need to configure wlc and then add APs 3702i existing in a seperate network of wlc 5520

@adeebtaqui wrote:

Wlc5508 is still in box. We need to configure wlc and then add APs 3702i existing in a seperate network of wlc 5520

Please read Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controller Deployment Guide.

Just so that I understand you. You have an 5520 and bought an additional 5508 and 10 3702i?
I hope you need that in a different location, otherwise I have to congratulate the sales (some irony here)?
If you already have a working wireless on the 5520, I suggest you copy paste the settings of nearly all configuration screens, starting with the tab Controller, followed by Security, Wireless, ....
Otherwise follow the guide Leo posted, it's for a different model, but the configuration is nearly identical.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card