Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection failed message cisco 7925g

Kevin100
Level 1
Level 1

Hai

I have configured two wireless phones cisco 7925g .It worked for a week now connection failed message coming even after put correct SSID and password.

I am using call manager 10.5 and CISCO WLC 2504.

phone mode cisco 7925-e-k9

call manager and controller restarted and problem started.

tried factory reset.no result.Voice vlan is configured with qos platinum.

anybody face issue.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Agreed. Sounds like something else, Ive never seen WEP/WPA fixed an issue before.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Connection failed" means the phone cannot authenticate to the voice SSID. 

What is your voice SSID setting set to?

I agree with Leo... Since it was working, has something changed in the environment by chance?  If all phones are having issues, something happened. If it's just one phone, well.. phone could be bad?

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hai thanks for reply.All wireless phones were affected.I fixed issue  ,When i change authentication to WEP.

I was using wpa with preshared key before and it was working.

now only works with wep

I want to change to wpa and psk since its more secure.

Things just don't change like that.... I don't see how it was working before if you had wpa and then changed it to wep.  If you want to use wpa, then you need to setup the WLAN for WPA2/AES and configure the phones to the same encryption.  The installation notes from the wireless phone will have instructions on how to do that.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Agreed. Sounds like something else, Ive never seen WEP/WPA fixed an issue before.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hai

I tried all phone settings  on phone regard  to authentication.

I doubt there is wpa 2 policy problem or interface configuration issue regard to E-K9

In few days will add more new wireless phones,i will update

Thanks for all reply

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

just to add as mentioned earlier ,i myself never used 802.1x or WPA-PSk for ip-phones. Just used open or wep Authentication.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card