Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Country code and regulatory domain

Hello,

we have a WLC5520 which is configured with the country code DE.

Our Distributor sent us new APs (40pcs): AIR-AP2802I-K-K9. After alot of research why
DTLS Phase never ends, and the AP never joined the WLC, ive founded the "K" in the Modeltype.

Now i configured the WLC5520 with "Korea" as country code and the AP joined my WLC.
In the Advanced TAB of the AP, I changed the countrycode back to DE.

Everything seems okay.

The question is now, is it really okay or got the modeltype for Korea anything else not seeable things which could produce any faults in the future? Is the Antennadesign and the rest from the Hardware identical to the Europe "E" version?

Thanks and best regards

Andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That should be how it is, you shouldn't be allowed to enable forbidden channels in the -K region :)

Only the -UX allow this, all other models are restricted to the channels for the market that they are sold to.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Now i configured the WLC5520 with "Korea" as country code and the AP joined my WLC.
In the Advanced TAB of the AP, I changed the country code back to DE. Everything seems okay.

Did you reboot those AP and see that change is permanent ? Typically you are not able to change country code unless it is UX mode.

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I took the "Korea" domain away and rebooted the AP. The AP joined the WLC and in the advanced Tab it was still the country code DE. 

(WLC Image 8.5)

But after a few test, i noticed that I cant enable the 5ghz band with this AP(wtf?). So we will replace the AP Model with the right Domain. It seems, that there is no other way.

Btw. thx for your Blog&Reply Rasika!

That should be how it is, you shouldn't be allowed to enable forbidden channels in the -K region :)

Only the -UX allow this, all other models are restricted to the channels for the market that they are sold to.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card