flyingframes
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ammahend
VIP
VIP

it does mention at a high level in Background, May be Cisco is going out of way to fix the supply chain issue engaging multiple suppliers for parts, leading to this .. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/724/fn72424.html

Background

The hardware products listed in the Products Affected section were redesigned to accommodate multiple suppliers for various internal components.

None of the product specifications have changed with the use of the alternate suppliers. However, some of these alternate suppliers’ devices require different drivers/firmware than the original hardware. Drivers/firmware for both the original and later version hardware are now included in the later versions of the software.

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...going wrong that a certain hardware mandates a certain software upgrade!

Nothing is 'going wrong' sometimes higher hardware revisions require a more recent software version in order for the software to remain compatible with current hardware.  Hardware changes probably are corrections (hardware wise ) and or will lead to improvements in device behavior and or the purpose that it services (in general)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Can the new hardware not sign older versions of code or the new hardware has new physical requirements that cant run older software?
The reason i am asking for an explanation is this does not happen with competition.

I agree, this will certainly be inconvenience for customers.

-hope this helps-

> this does not happen with competition.
It's happened with Cisco hardware before and I've seen it happen with other vendor's hardware too.

ammahend
VIP
VIP

it does mention at a high level in Background, May be Cisco is going out of way to fix the supply chain issue engaging multiple suppliers for parts, leading to this .. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/724/fn72424.html

Background

The hardware products listed in the Products Affected section were redesigned to accommodate multiple suppliers for various internal components.

None of the product specifications have changed with the use of the alternate suppliers. However, some of these alternate suppliers’ devices require different drivers/firmware than the original hardware. Drivers/firmware for both the original and later version hardware are now included in the later versions of the software.

-hope this helps-
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card