cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwi08472 - Crashes in C9800 @ 17.9.4a Critical process wncd fault

phollmann
Level 1
Level 1

I hat two crashes in my LAB with 17.9.4a an a HA-cluster.

Crash situations:

1) After setting up AVC for policy profiles (Configuration > Service > Application Visibility)

2) Without config change on WLC. Only a new client connected to WiFi (used one of the AVC enabled policy-profile)

When HA-cluster is in SSO state, the chassis 2 takes over and chassis 1 is reloading. Finally the cluster is up again (chassis 2 active). When doing a "force-switchover" to make chassis 1 active again, both chassis seemed to crash.

5 Replies 5

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@phollmann the bug you referenced (CSCwi08472) is marked Unreproducible (since 2nd April before you posted this).

Did you get TAC to diagnose the crashinfo/core/system report files after these crashes?

Hello Rich R,

the TAC case is still in progress (697149191). Multiple crash files where analysed by TAC.

In the meanwhile I had crashes without AVC, too. A simple client connect seems to be enough for the crash.

But I could not find a pattern.

TAC created a new bug id (CSCwj81829) for my issue.

P.S.: We have seen the issues only for 802.1x clients.

phollmann
Level 1
Level 1

Update: Fix is planned in >=17.16.

Currently only a tac-escallation release was offered.

But https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwj81829 is showing fixed in 17.15.1 and subsequent 1a and 1b rebuilds.

Did they ever identify exactly what about those clients was triggering the crash and was it related to AVC?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card