Views
Helpful
Replies

CW9164I-B Radio interfaces Down.

rtudon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!

We moved up out Cisco Catalyst 9800-L WLC from the version 17.03.04c to the 17.09.03 version, this becasue we are on our way to quit all our AIR-CAP2702L-N-K9 APs and replace them with CW9164I-B.

The new access points did join correctly, but the radio interfaces are down, i saw that it could be an power supply issue, but the Power status is Full Power, any suggestions? (All the previous AP are working properly)

I also have installed an SMU and an APSP with this version update.

Hope can someone help me, thank you!

rtudon_2-1717358777838.png

rtudon_3-1717358787646.png

rtudon_0-1717358550500.png

rtudon_1-1717358691633.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So as I suspected, you have purchased the wrong APs for Mexico.
That hardware is not supported in Mexico!

As the log tells you only the -ROW (CW9164I-ROW) model is supported in Mexico.
You should always check the compliance tool to make sure you order the correct part for your country.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

RichR_0-1717540491051.png

17.9.3 is significantly out of date now - refer to the TAC recommended releases link below for the current TAC recommended version.  Many of us are also starting to use 17.12.3 now.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the regulatory, what switch its connected, new AP required PoE+ power.

what LED you see on AP ?

is this only AP or all the AP having same issue ?

Suggest to Upgrade to new code 17.9.5 or above ?  Some new AP version need to higher Code on WLC 9800 to work as expected.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if the regulatory domain used by the APs is configured and or allowed on the controller (too)
                - Have a checkup of the  9800-L WLC configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output from that command into Wireless Config Analyzer
                 - Post the complete boot process of one of those APs ,

M. 

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
ap name <AP NAME> no shutdown

Rich R
VIP
VIP

- what country are you using these APs in?

- what is the exact model number of the new APs?

- what country do you have enabled on the WLC and in the AP join profile?

Also why did you choose 17.9.3? 
You should be using a TAC recommended release - refer to the link below.

ha, he picked 17.9.3 because that is the point that the wave1 ap's x702's were restored to service.  However the pic shows 3band device(s)  so I suspect the 9164's are misbehaving.  Are the radios actually enabled in the profiles?

rtudon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys!

Sorry for the late response, i would try to answere all the Questions,

1. So the target deploy of the AP's its Mexico, so the Country code is set to MX, but, they were bought in US, .
2. Yes, the AP its connected to a PoE+ Switch,
3. The LED on the AP its blue.
4. All the previuos AP's that i have on production works correctly, is just this new one model,
5. I choose the version 17.9.3 because it was the one that i can jump directly from the 17.3.4c and also its compatible with the AP's that i have on production (AIR-AP2802L-A-K9 and AIR-CAP2702L-N-K9 this last one going to replaced with CW9164I-B V06)
6. The model that i have issues with is the CW9164I-B V06

Let me share with you guys the screenshot that i have when the radio goes down.

rtudon_4-1717516220088.png

- You should correct :
               >....Country domain mismatch detected
        Make sure that MX is  configured as a supported country on the controller too

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

So as I suspected, you have purchased the wrong APs for Mexico.
That hardware is not supported in Mexico!

As the log tells you only the -ROW (CW9164I-ROW) model is supported in Mexico.
You should always check the compliance tool to make sure you order the correct part for your country.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

RichR_0-1717540491051.png

17.9.3 is significantly out of date now - refer to the TAC recommended releases link below for the current TAC recommended version.  Many of us are also starting to use 17.12.3 now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card