cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deauthenticating [BR350 557bbc]004096557bbc,reason "Not authenticated"

hrasamison
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 350(root) to 350 bridge(non-root) with a distance 6km . They work well (<10ms Response) sometimes.but there is a mement that it's the de-Authentication and then a couple of minutes later it re-authenticates and it will be fine both bridges can be seen on either side from the Hard wire LAN, So i know that interface is solid, the Antennas have been checked out and appear to be pointed correctly and secure otherwise the antennas would not pass data at all! I am at a loss as to where to go from here... Any ideas?

On the client i get this message (Lost Authentication with Parent and Deauthenticating [BR350 557bbc]004096557bbc,reason "Not authenticated")

Thank you for your help

Hery

US Embassy Antananarivo, Madagascar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmerhoff
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem. F/W version 12.00T. In Express Setup, change role in radio network on the non-root bridge from "non-root w/o clients" to "non-root w/clients". The bridges have not deauthenticated and disassociated since. Our bridges were only 400 feet apart.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

There could be interference that is causing the problem. Check to make sure there are no obstacles in the way or any obstacles that would be creating radio frequency interference near by. You could try changing the channel on the root bridge to something other than the default of "6". If there is not any interference that you can tell, try upgrading both units with the latest firmware.

btillery
Level 1
Level 1

mmerhoff
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem. F/W version 12.00T. In Express Setup, change role in radio network on the non-root bridge from "non-root w/o clients" to "non-root w/clients". The bridges have not deauthenticated and disassociated since. Our bridges were only 400 feet apart.

Thanks, we did this change and link is OK now. Now we are trying to send voiP via this connectivity but the quqlity of the voice is very bad: al lot of dropping of the communication. DO you have any clue ?

From what you say I believe you don't have any Qos in place and because of this the voice packetas are competing with the data packets. If this is the case you will have to place on both ends a Qos capable device for example a router.

This will ensure that the voice packets are always sent through first.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card