Views
Helpful
Replies

Deauthenticating Station

asoin21sl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I've got a Cisco Air AP1131 AG, and I have set it up through the web, using the links "Express set-up" and "Express security".

I have configured to just use WEP.

I only can connect with a laptop, no one more. And it is not a limit of one host, because if I shut down this laptop it is not still possible to connect any other computer.

In the event log, when I try to connect with any laptop that it can't connect, I can see these events:

*Interface Dot11Radio0, Station 000e.35f0.6845 Associated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

* Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station 000e.35f0.6845 Reason: Sending station has left the BSS

What can it be the reason for this failure? May this device be damaged?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

john.preves
Level 4
Level 4

Just guessing, it sounds like you have a WEP key mismatch.

Just so we are on the same page...am I reading correctly that one laptop works and the others do not?

If one laptop is functioning then the device is functioning.

I would test by turning off the WEP at the AP.

It is possible that the others will begin working while the one that did work will stop working. Maybe...depends on how you have it set up.

I would turn off the WEP encryption at the AP and start over. This should let you know if the AP works and the clients work, remember to disable WEP on the clients as well. Once you have established that all the encryption disabled clients work on the encryption disabled AP then start putting it back together. Use the cut and paste method (or load profiles)to avoid "fat-fingering" a 26 digit WEP key.

Try that and see what you get.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card