Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Failure on wireless

Craig Le-Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Our selfs and a local council are broadcasting our SSID over each others wireless infrastructure.

Mobility group is set up, this works, the NAT is setup with firewall in the middle as per the diagram.

The council can connect authentcate to their site from ours, but we can only authenticate but not recieve an IP address from ours.

Controlelrs can see each other, ACS can see each other, Every thing is as should be.  But for some reason we dont get DHCP.

The helper address is correct for the vlan on our side.

Any ideas, I know haven't put a digram or script, but fell asleep and just been looking for info and advice.

cheers in advance

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You both have WLCs and you added each of your WLCs to each other mobilty groups.

First -- Check to make sure your mob group is up.

Controller --> Mobility Managment --> Mobilty Groups -- is the other controller UP UP ?

Second --> On our WLAN did you anchor it. This is often over looked and first issue by most customer is no DHCP

WLAN --> Click on the blue box next to your WLAN. Click on mob anchors --- Is your WLAN anchored to the other WLC?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You both have WLCs and you added each of your WLCs to each other mobilty groups.

First -- Check to make sure your mob group is up.

Controller --> Mobility Managment --> Mobilty Groups -- is the other controller UP UP ?

Second --> On our WLAN did you anchor it. This is often over looked and first issue by most customer is no DHCP

WLAN --> Click on the blue box next to your WLAN. Click on mob anchors --- Is your WLAN anchored to the other WLC?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi

Mobility group is UP UP at both sites.

Mobility Anchor is checked and set to local.

Cheers

I want to make sure I understand this right. From the council side, they are anchoring your SSID to you correct. If so, you need to make sure they are anchoring your WLAN to your controller.

If I understand your deployment correctly...

Also, on your end what are you using for DHCP and is that working properly and does controller side interface pointing to the right DHCP server.