cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference Between Production & Non Production Software of an AP

sswarna
Level 1
Level 1

We are having CW9166 Production software Access point and CW9164 Non production Software Access point .

We obtained 17.9.4.27 version  for both APs when we used the show version command  to check the AP software version.

1)How to identify the difference between production and non-production software of an AP?
2)What is the process for connecting the non-production software access point to the virtual WLC (9800CL)? Does this process follow the same steps as the production software access point, or does it differ?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...We are having CW9166 Production software Access point and CW9164 Non production Software Access point .
 - What exactly do you mean by Non production Software Access point ? What are you referring too ? Is this in the output from show version , or asserted somewhere else , (elaborate - tx)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

We understood that RF conducted measurements can be performed in non-production software only.
Is this in the output from show version 
No ,To check the version of both APs we used the command.

>...No ,To check the version of both APs we used the command.
                                  = which command ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

show version

- Post output of show version referring to none production software and or else post the complete boot process of the access point ,

M.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
1)How to identify the difference between production and non-production software of an AP?

You can view on the WLC Gui for the AP related information.

2)What is the process for connecting the non-production software access point to the virtual WLC (9800CL)? Does this process follow the same steps as the production software access point, or does it differ?

same nothing changed here, AP onboarding option - make sure Production and AP and no-production AP have same SSID and they installed same location you have roaming issue and user get different subnet when they roam, so planning is very important.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Rich R
VIP
VIP

If they both have the same software version 17.9.4.27 then they are running the same software!
If you are referring to APs installed in production and non-production environments (like a test lab) that's got nothing to do with the software version running on the AP.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card