Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling redundancy will delete config from service port - C9800-40

ecomengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to disable redundancy on the active WLC for some reason. However, when I try to apply the config after disabling the redundancy, it gives me a warning saying "Clearing the chassis HA configuration will result in both the chassis move into Stand Alone mode. This involves reloading the standby chassis after clearing its HA configuration and coming up with day-0 configuration. Do you wish to continue?" (See attached screenshot).

My question is, will this action remove the IP address configuration from the service port (SP) of the standby chassis and I have to access the standby chassis only over console? I am asking this because this standby WLC is located in a remote site and I am currently accessing it only over the service port.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The standby will also get defaulted since it doesn't have a configuration.  So yes, the standby/secondary unit will come up with day-0.  If you plan on moving it back to SSO, you will have to go through the configuration wizard to get the controller on the network so you can enable SSO.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Rich R
VIP
VIP

So yes you will need console access.

Rule number 1: always have console access to your WLCs

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ecomengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Disabling-redundancy.jpg

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The standby will also get defaulted since it doesn't have a configuration.  So yes, the standby/secondary unit will come up with day-0.  If you plan on moving it back to SSO, you will have to go through the configuration wizard to get the controller on the network so you can enable SSO.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

So yes you will need console access.

Rule number 1: always have console access to your WLCs

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card