Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need to purchase 3x warranty licence with an AP? CW9166I-Z

Mitchell300
Level 1
Level 1

HI

My local distributor is pushing purchase of 3x warranty/licences with a single access point, CW9166I-Z

What do I need, for the access point to work? I'm not fussed if the unit dies, we will replace it.

Paying for 3x extra licence/warranties I don't know what they do or not sure if we even need them? 

CON-SSSNT-CW9166IZ

CON-SSTCM-AIRDNAA

AIR-DNA-A-5Y or AIR-DNA-E-3Y  - What is the difference in a A licence vs E licence?

This is not a one off install, it is to go in additionto an install someone else did a year ago, it is to go into existing infrastrucutre with WLC and 20 other CW9166I-Z. Previously we have bought just the AP, configured a port, and the WLC programs the access point. DO I need any of these additional warranties?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Every Catalyst 9166 purchased comes with Cisco's Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty included in the price. 

There is no need to have a valid Service Contract to RMA the AP.  Make sure to keep the Purchase Order &/or delivery dockets because TAC will be looking for proof of purchase.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Every Catalyst 9166 purchased comes with Cisco's Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty included in the price. 

There is no need to have a valid Service Contract to RMA the AP.  Make sure to keep the Purchase Order &/or delivery dockets because TAC will be looking for proof of purchase.  

Thanks Leo

I'm guessing the last two/three items were extended warranty?

Any idea what the product " CON-SSSNT-CW9166IZ"  is?

CON-SSSNT-CW9166IZ is Cisco Solution Support. 

Not sure what that covers but it does not sound like you've be needing it any time.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...AIR-DNA-A-5Y or AIR-DNA-E-3Y  - What is the difference in a A licence vs E licence?
                     - DNA Essentials versus DNA Advantage license 

CON-SSSNT-CW9166IZ and CON-SSTCM-AIRDNAA refer to support offerings ; e.g. 
                    https://www.posglobal.com/CSC-CONSSTCMAIRDNAA.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

On this link you can see the differences between DNA-A and -E (https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/products/software/dna-subscription-wireless/en-sw-sub-matrix-wireless.html?oid=porew018984).

This license is mandatory with every new AP purchase, but after expiring you don't need them anymore as perpetual license is there for APs. So my recommendation, buy the lowest possible term.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card