cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Don't know how to config AP with WLC

satyaz
Level 1
Level 1

So i just work as NE for two weeks with zero experience in AP and WLC (I have CCNA R&S).

I have learned our company WLC via web GUI, and know a little bit about how to see active clent and its mac address, our APs, SSID, WLAN and basic stuff.

But the problem is our boss want to add 1 AP to Floor 30 (We have already 4 APs in floor 30).

What should i do ?

Do i have to config that ip with console? What kind of config?

Or i just plugged in the AP and do the config via WLC?

We have switch in floor 30, what kind of config in our switch wich connected to our AP? Or we just plugg the AP to switch without any configuration in switch?

I'm so sory if the question is very basic.

Our AP is AIR-CAP3502I-E-K9 and 5508 WLC.

I have search the config video in youtube and forum but the guidence on there just partial, how to config AP but without WLC, how to just config WLC etc.

Please i need your help, thx.

1 Reply 1

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

3502I AP supported SW from 7.0.98.x till 8.5. So you WLC must have a software version in between.

1. find out the  AP management vlan !

2. If you know the AP management VLAN then cnfigure the swicth port as access port (Local mode AP) and connect AP there.

3. As you alredy have 4 ap connecte dthen you mut be ruuning a AP discovery process (brodcast/option 43 or DNS) ....Means AP will find it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card