cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

We are designing an AP placement plan for a large hospital that will have requirements for high density and location services for an RTLS solution.  We are planning on using the 3800 series AP.  The RTLS solution operates on 2.4GHz only--obviously th...

AlexZmann by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So i just work as NE for two weeks with zero experience in AP and WLC (I have CCNA R&S). I have learned our company WLC via web GUI, and know a little bit about how to see active clent and its mac address, our APs, SSID, WLAN and basic stuff. But the...

satyaz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two Cisco Aironet 1815I running mobility express. I've created two SSIDs, one for guests and one for employees. I've seperated them in AP groups so one AP is responsible for Guests and one for Employees. The controller is running on the AP wit...

We currently have a WLC 4404 with 1142 AP's.  We plan to upgrade to a new WLC 3504 and 1852 or 2802 access points.   Assuming the wireless design is the same and that it is configured properly, I am curious what are the main benefits we will see with...

mac1234 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,   I want to make a small mesh network with a vWLC. I know that some AP's have only 1x 2.4 GHz and 1x 5GHz antenna, so if you use I.E the 5GHz frequency band as back haul you cant use it for distributing WLANS   Which AP's could you recommend...

p3tter123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a  SG110-24HP with a Cisco 2800 Access Point.  According to the documentation for the AP, it needs 25.5W of power to power it over PoE, and the  SG110-24HP has 24 ports of dedicated 100W, so initially I think I am OK.   However, when I plug th...

Hello All,   I have been having problems with some access points that tend to join the "wrong" WLC through DNS.   I have tried changing the default domain name to prevent that, but even though the query for both "CISCO-CAPWAP/LWAPP-CONTROLLER.false_d...

Hi All What is the procedure to install the license after generating license using the below PAK and whether any restart is require after installing the license? Thanks for your support   Any prerequisite?    R-MGMT3X-N-K9R-PI30-SW-K9 L-MGMT3X-AP-K9 ...

Buenas Tardes, estoy teniendo una dificultad con un router modelo  C881W-A-K9 IOS flash:c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M7.bin, modulo AP 802 ios ap802-k9w8-mx.153-3.JC6 no se puede registrar en la controladora y al acceder al modulo ap service-module ...

foto3.PNG fotoforo2.PNG fotoforo2.PNG

I think I understand most of it now but there are still some questions that I am struggling to answer:   1.) If WMM certification is the 802.11e amendments around QoS, then why does the Cisco 8.6 install guide state, "This UP is used to derive the ov...

shillings by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I have a WLC 5520. it is showing AP count license as evaluation and ap count(adder) as permanent but inactive.  I have 100 ap license. i tried updating the license from GUI and CLI and accepted the agreement. but still the license is showing as evalu...

ziamcaccna by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card