cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Driver for AIR-MP20B - Can't find it anywhere

MS-891
Level 1
Level 1

Alright, i have an old Dell Latitude C600 and it was previously equipped with an AIR-MP20B Wireless LAN card, and i've been searching for the correct driver for this card for three days now.

I've tried to follow this link here, which looked promising, but ended up in failure as well:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/sw-wireless3.shtml

Please, I'm begging, can someone point me in the right direction? This entire cisco site is a maze and it just gives me headaches. Please, please, help. This is the only computer i have. I'm opening this discussion from a freinds laptop.

Thanks so much for reading this.

-John

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Check this out and lemme know if this helps you..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_quick_start09186a008027f6db.html#wp14227

(Wireless LAN Access > Cisco Wireless LAN Client Adapters > Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Client Adapters > Cisco Aironet 350 Mini-PCI Wireless LAN Client Adapter)

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

Sorry for that John... Lemme know if you buy a new card and need some assistance!! we will help you..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

MS-891
Level 1
Level 1

There's so many people answering questions, yet not a single person can help me. Please, isn't there anyone out there with the same problem as me? I mean, are there any other adapters that are compatible with this wireless card? I have absolutely no clue what to do here. Please someone help?

Hoi John,

Sorry for the late response!!

here is the link where yo can search for the compatibility and download the desired software..

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html?mdfid=277523445&i=rm

Lemme know if this helps..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hey, thanks for the response. It's great to finally get a response. Which adapter would you suggest? I have the AIR-MP20B LAN Card and i don't see a download for that card anywhere on the provided page. Any suggestions?

Thanks again. Thanks so much.

EDIT**

I tried the  all of these:

1. Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g CardBus Wireless LAN Client Adapter (CB21AG)
  2. Cisco Aironet 802.11a/b/g PCI Wireless LAN Client Adapter (PI21AG)

And it tells me the installation is complete and that the drivers will be installed when the card is inserted. So i'm assuming that means it couldn't find my LAN card or version. I'm at a loss.. :/

Hi John,

I just researched and found that, if the Mini PCI cards are used on the third party LAPTOPS then for support i guess u need t ocontact the LAPTOP vendor.. they may help you in getting the driver for the same.. we do not have the driver for this AFAIK.. lemme search again..

in the mean time it will be great if yo could post the same in DELL forun as well..

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks again for the response. And yes, i also posted this on the dell community a few days ago and they were the ones who told me to try and contact the manufacturer of the LAN card. Which is Cisco.

I've got the AIR-MP20B Wireless LAN Module 2.4Ghz 11mbps, and i am wondering if maybe this card is just so old that there is no support for it.. or even correct drivers because i can't find anything at all on this card. I also installed the ACU and i can't even do anything at all because it says LAN card not installed/detected. This sure is a bummer...

Yeah i just keep trying all the buttons on the client utility and all it ever says is: "Cannot access the Wireless LAN Adapter!"

yes you are correct.. this card is End of support and End of Sale as well.. here is the link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps458/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd802ad911_ps430_Products_End-of-Life_Notice.html

u need to upgrade your Card to either CB21 or PI21

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Check this out and lemme know if this helps you..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_quick_start09186a008027f6db.html#wp14227

(Wireless LAN Access > Cisco Wireless LAN Client Adapters > Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Client Adapters > Cisco Aironet 350 Mini-PCI Wireless LAN Client Adapter)

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Yeah i figured it would end like this. This laptop is super old and so is the hardware.. :/ Guess i'll just have to go and buy a new model LAN card.

Thanks for all the help though. You couldn't have been more helpful.

Adios!

Sorry for that John... Lemme know if you buy a new card and need some assistance!! we will help you..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card