cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual band antennas in single band mode - cisco 1572

modman
Level 1
Level 1

I am just wondering if it is possible to use Dual band antennas with a cisco 1572 in single band mode?

In my mind if the antenna can function with either frequency if the 1572 is set to dual band mode it should be able to work fine with the unit set to sing band mode.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As long as the antennas are dual-band, yes.  You can disable one of the two radios and just use one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1572.png

Can be done.   Just shut down the radio you don't want to use.

Thanks for the response. I was meaning if the radio is set to single band, so the top two antennas are running 5Ghz only, can i still use a dual band antenna on those positions? even though 5ghz is only frequency they will radiate?

As long as the antennas are dual-band, yes.  You can disable one of the two radios and just use one.

Question along these lines...

Using a 2588 3 element antenna, installing that on 1572EAC antenna ports 1, 2, 3 as directed. Do you have to go in and disable "Antenna D" (assuming D=4) on the radios, or is the 1570 smart enough to detect the end cap for antenna port 4 and only use 1-3? Can't find this tidbit in the docs, might just be overlooking it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card