Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable AES encryption on 1310 Wireless bridge

lerner cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have requirment to enable the AES encryption on the management VLAN  traffic  between connected root and non root bridges . can any one share the configuration guidelines please ??

below is the network setup  .

Router<---->SW1 ( main office)--> Root-bridge < ---------->non root-bride------SW2 ( remote end site)

Apart from the specific configuration on the wireless bridge is any extra configuration required on the Switch interfaces??

Regards

Lerner

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

1. Make sure you are running version 12.3(7)JA or later since WPA2/AES was not always available for the 1310.

2. How do you currently have the root/non-root configured?

Ideally, adding AES shoudl be fairly straight forward.  Keep in mind we recommend using WPA2 with AES.

configured on your root AND non-root:

dot11 ssid

authentication open

authentication key-management wpa version 2

interface do1

encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

1. Make sure you are running version 12.3(7)JA or later since WPA2/AES was not always available for the 1310.

2. How do you currently have the root/non-root configured?

Ideally, adding AES shoudl be fairly straight forward.  Keep in mind we recommend using WPA2 with AES.

configured on your root AND non-root:

dot11 ssid

authentication open

authentication key-management wpa version 2

interface do1

encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card