Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet Bridging Allow BPDU - WLC 9800

Luna99923
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering best practices when it came to this feature for Mesh on the 9800's.  Do I enable this or disable this?  What would be use cases for enabling/disabling it?  

I have a simple P2P bridge where I have one AP set as a RAP and the other as MAP where I have a switch hanging off the MAP for various devices (PC, phone, etc..).  I'm using ethernet bridging (VLAN transparent off) and extending multiple VLAN's.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

this depend on your design if you totally sure that both Network only interconnect via mesh bridge then you can disable it, 
if the two network interconnect via link additional to mesh then it safe to permit BPDU, make STP  BLK one interconnect to prevent L2 Loop

Hi

For Access point the best practice is disable bpdu guard and RAP is not different. And if the switch port is not in trunk, enable spanning tree port fast. This will allow the uplink come up faster in case the interface flaps

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Since this switch hanging off MAP, do not have any redundancy, why bother even let it participate in STP, I would just disable it, save the extra BPDU traffic specially over Air.

-hope this helps-
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card