Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory Reset for AP 1010

sujithr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

One of my AP 1010 got a static IP in vlan 110 Range but Controller is in Different(default) Vlan. Due to this its not getting registerd with WLc. Anybody can suggest any procedure to remove that IP from AP.

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

My first post didnt show up so here we go again. The 1010 has a 2 pin console port inside of it to do a lwapp config to default factory reset. You open it up with a terminal session. This requires a special cable as well. The easiest way will be to get a spare controller and set the interfaces to be on the same network as the AP. Once it joins, reset the AP to factory defaults and reboot it. Make sure it comes back up then simply change it from static to dhcp and join it to the new network and controller via dhcp. Make sure all versions of code support the 1000 series APs.

Could you please let me know the type of cable should be used to get the access.?

I got mine from Airespace and have no clues as to which pins were pinned out on it. I haven't seen it in 2 years or I would open it up and look. It is a serial 9 pin to a small 2 pin connector.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card