cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Few radius logs are missing while searching for them in report

Bvbharath
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking for old logs in Cisco ISE (2.2version)of a specific user and when i have tried i wasn't able to find any logs as infact I know that there were many failed authentication of him yesterday but when i go to report and search them in Radius authentication logs i am not finding a single log of his and many other users.

Is this a known bug? And how to resolve this issue?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this only for this users, not any logs?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No it's for many user's.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Yes there were definitely bugs that caused no logging - we encountered that with TACACS so probably also affects radius logs.  We had to upgrade and I think TAC also had to fix something in the database.  Best to make sure you're upgraded to the latest release and if still not working then contact TAC and they'll help you fix it.

There are also some bugs causing ISE to log with dates thousands of years in the future so you can't find them because the date is wrong.  Again you need TAC assistance (and fixed software version) to resolve this because it definitely requires a reset on the database which TAC will do for you.

And there's this one https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg95454 - needs latest software release to resolve.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card