cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware ap3g2-k9w8-tar.153.3JBB not compatible with CiscoAironet aircap2702i-B-K9

I have a 2504 WLC series running 8.1.102.0 software version. Also I have 14 AIR-CAP1602E-A-K9 running the ap1g2-k9w8-mx.15.3.3-JBB software, and joined to the Cisco WLC in a production environment. Recently I bought 20 Air-Cap2702i-B-K9 running ap3g2-k9w8-153-3-JD software version, and I want to downgrade the software of my new acquisitions to ap3g2-k9w8-mx.153-3-JBB according to the compatibility matrix provided by Cisco to my current WLC's software version. The picture describes my problem.Issue.png Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fslatwork@gmail.com wrote:

Is there another option where I don't need perform changes on the controller? Thanks in advance

Nope.  Not possible. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.  Download the latest 8.2.X.X and it should enable/allow -B Regulatory Domain.

Thanks for your answer, but that is not an option for my right now, because I think it demands a restart of my controller that is production right now, and will stop the 14 associates AP.

Is there another option where I don't need perform changes on the controller? Thanks in advance

fslatwork@gmail.com wrote:

Nope.  Not possible. 

supportpune
Level 1
Level 1

ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JPQ Cisco 2700i AP OS download

@supportpune the IOS image you have referred to is an autonomous IOS AP image (k9w7) and will not work for a lightweight AP (k9w8).  Lightweight APs must run the same image version as the WLC they connect to and will normally download that image from the WLC.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card