cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fix for FN - 70253 - Wireless Client Fails to Associate: AID Error

GW21
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if Cisco will still provide the software fix in FN-70253 for 8.0 code? It states - 8.0MR5esc (available from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center).

The 8.0 EOL statement suggests that they may not but it's not clear if they mean new software patches after 30th April or if it's any patches at all including exsisting - Software maintenance support for 8.0 release ends on 30th April, 2018. No patches or maintenance releases will be provided for Cisco Wireless Software Versions 8.0 beyond 30th April, 2018.

FN - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/702/fn70253.html

EOL - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/8540-wireless-controller/eos-eol-notice-c51-739984.html

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

It's exactly as the field notice says.  There will not be any more public releases of 8.0 code.  If you experience this issue on one of the affected 8.0 releases then if you have Cisco support you can open a TAC case and TAC can provide an escalation image which has the fix included.

Regards

Rich

View solution in original post

The next fix for this will be on 8.5MR4.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich R
VIP
VIP

It's exactly as the field notice says.  There will not be any more public releases of 8.0 code.  If you experience this issue on one of the affected 8.0 releases then if you have Cisco support you can open a TAC case and TAC can provide an escalation image which has the fix included.

Regards

Rich

Thanks, I've raised a TAC case. I assumed this would be the case but wanted a second opinion due to the wording in the EOL statement. If I have any issues obtaining the code I'll update the post, otherwise I'll mark the answer as correct when Cisco provide the patch.

The next fix for this will be on 8.5MR4.

8.5MR4 is expected to be released by the first week of December 2018.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card