cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect not working

TECH-JEFF
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, We have our main office with WLC setup for 9 AP's. I would like to link/connect a remote AP in a branch office instead of local. Connectivity for both are ok via MPLS. Both WLC can ping remote AP and remote Ap can ping main office WLC. So far here are the things I've done: 1. enabled FlexConnect mode on AP 2. configured switchport mode trunk on the port where the AP is connected. Unfortunately, the remote AP is still connecting on the local WLC instead of the main office WLC. Is there something I need to do besides switching to flexconnect mode? Thanks Jeff
Jefferson Co
1 Reply 1

zdesignstudio
Level 4
Level 4

How do you have the discovery setup for the new WLC? Are you providing it via DHCP to that AP? If you havent modified the discovery process then either the AP is getting the old/local WLC IP or if it isnt getting it upon boot it is using the last known WLC it was associated to.

Verify how the AP is doing WLC discovery, i.e. DNS, DHCP, Layer2, etc. If that is correct then factory reset the AP to remove any previously known WLCs from it.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.

Please rate useful posts and mark answers as correct if applicable.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card