Replies

FlexConnect

wirelessman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Experts!

hospital envi

2 WiSM2's...

1 WiSM2 maxed out 1000 AP lics... the other 50% AP lics used.

no redundancy

will flexconnect help, as a temporary solution, in case of WiSM2 failure?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Very open question. FlexConnect has its drawbacks and it depends on your infrastructure if those drawbacks are acceptable or not. I guess you are already planning to add more capacity to your infrastructure or maybe even perform an redesign?

I'm afraid that using FlexConnect as a temporary solution will give you a lot of work and potential problems. If your current network topology allows you to let AP's failover to the other WLC, I would like you to suggest going that way. You can achieve this by enabling AP failover on both controllers and giving important AP's an higher priority. If an outage occurs lower AP's will be kicked off to make space for the higher priority AP's. In this way you can at least controle how big the impact will be if you lose one of the WLC's.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Very open question. FlexConnect has its drawbacks and it depends on your infrastructure if those drawbacks are acceptable or not. I guess you are already planning to add more capacity to your infrastructure or maybe even perform an redesign?

I'm afraid that using FlexConnect as a temporary solution will give you a lot of work and potential problems. If your current network topology allows you to let AP's failover to the other WLC, I would like you to suggest going that way. You can achieve this by enabling AP failover on both controllers and giving important AP's an higher priority. If an outage occurs lower AP's will be kicked off to make space for the higher priority AP's. In this way you can at least controle how big the impact will be if you lose one of the WLC's.

+5 Freerk ..

I agree with the comments ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin