cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frequent Re-Associations on IOS AP's

mjsenno
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LEAP environment with CKIP enabled. MY LEAP timers are set to 4 hours, but I consistently get these resassociation messages on my IOS AP's:

%DOT11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Station 0007.0eb9.ad73 Reassociated KEY_MGMT[NONE]

For the most part the clients are not moving, yet still continually reassociating. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I thought when moving to CKIP and opening up the timers that I would not continually see this.

4 Replies 4

pallette
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this same behavior. I am concluding that this frequent reassociation is causing headeaches on my W2K LEAP server. I recently brought online approximately 15 users (10 cisco 802.11a/b/g clients and 5 Dell truemobile clients) and the next day my LEAP server locked up and had to be rebooted. This server services less than 150 users, of which, less than 30 are transversing our WAN, including the 10 802.11a/b/g clients. Delays or WAN congestion did not seem to be a problem. There were 3 instances of Dell Truemobile clients failing authentication every 3 seconds that showed up in the Radius failed attempts log. Once the radio's of these 3 clients were disabled, and the services on the server were restarted or rebooted, authentication requests started processing normally. This is the first time that I have had any issues out of my ACS server. Cisco TAC recommended I upgrade to a newer build of the version I am running.

In your particular instance, have you tried disabling the timers, or setting them to higher interval? Also, what type of card is associating? I am not familair with the MAC you have posted

I am on the latest version of ACS and all of my client cards are Cisco. I have far more than 150 clients, but I still don't like the fact that this continues to occur. Would like some feedback on how to prevent it.

Did you ever get your "Frequent Re-Associations on IOS AP's " fixed, if so what fixed it?

thanks

Richard.

I have seen this problem and the way I solved it was hound the bejesus out of Dell to fix their wireless driver to support LEAP. You can download the latest driver if you have the TM1400 wireless embedded cards from the dell site. I saw this a lot on the dell D600 laptops with the built-in dual-band TM1400 card. The latest driver seem to have stabilized this problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card