Views
Helpful
Replies

Get specific client analytics with Cisco Spaces OR Cisco DNA Center

Dominic Stalder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I am absolutely new to Cisco Spaces, but I was able to set it up with a Cisco Spaces Connector and have imported the Network Hierarchy from Cisco DNA Center to Cisco DNA Spaces.

Now I am looking for a specific use case:

~7’000+ employees
~17’000+ students
~2’000+ access points at around 300 sites

Different SSIDs: the most importants are eduroam (employees, “own” students and “external” students) and public-unibe (guests) --> the different categories are enrolled based on RADIUS and end up in different VLANs

What we need now:

- an overview of how many people are connected / online at a given site for a given time period (interval / slots: each hour per day)
- splitted in categories of employees, “own” students and “external” students

Is there an easy way to collect this kind of report / information in Cisco DNA Spaces or Cisco DNA Center and if so, how exactly?

Thanks a lot for any kind of help / suggestions!

Dominic

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dominic Stalder
Level 1
Level 1

Just to let you guys know, I was able to solve my „problem“ by using the depracated API GET call /api/v1/host on Cisco DNAC.

As I said, I know it is deprecated, but for the moment, it works.

Best regards

Dominic

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure you have come across this page, please have a look and see what you can do with Cisco Spaces ( aka DNA spaces)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/dna-spaces/solution-overview-c22-742158.html

- splitted in categories of employees, “own” students and “external” students

You need to do your own using API or any scripting based on the co-relation,  DNAC also provides some kind of information from WLC, (are you using ISE, if so ISE can also give you more analytics)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dominic Stalder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi balaji.bandi

thanks a lot for your quick response. I was trying to get the information from Spaces, but as you already said, I would need to do my own co-relation and I am not sure, if Spaces gives me all the information, that I need to do that...

Right now I am trying (first steps at all) to collect the data from Cisco DNA Center by API. I was able to get a token and get some basic information out of DNAC so far, but what I am missing is an assurance API to get client counts like that (see example of DNAC gui):

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-03 um 08.00.27.png

If I can get THIS kind of data from DNAC, I will be able to collect the data, I need. Do you have any experience with DNAC assurance API?

Regards

Dominic 

Dominic Stalder
Level 1
Level 1

Just to let you guys know, I was able to solve my „problem“ by using the depracated API GET call /api/v1/host on Cisco DNAC.

As I said, I know it is deprecated, but for the moment, it works.

Best regards

Dominic

Glad you were able to use API and get what you need, there are some enhancements in 2.3.5 or so that need to check and validate.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card