cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Wireless access for 200 users

smith606306
Level 1
Level 1

We have a site (UK) which has 10 users connecting to the network through a 10mbps MPLS. There are also 2 Cisco autonomous  AP1131 which gives out an SSID with trusted access.

The site will soon be getting another 200 contractors from different companies who will require internet access.

I was thinking of getting a BTnet 20mb leased line an ASA firewall  and connecting it into our network and broadcasting a guest ssid over the existing Access points. The guest network would be seperated by acls.  I will also need a NAC and am on a very limited budget.

Does anyone have any better ideas where i dont have to buy expensive controllers etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your trying to accomplish some sort of portal page, then there are some software out there that does that. Just search for free hotspot software or something in that nature. If your on a budget, why not look at a WLC2504 or even a WLC2106 (end of sale) or even and older WLC2006. The last two you can find cheap on eBay or a Cisco refurb shop. Then you can. Invert the APs you have and then use the webauth page built into the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your trying to accomplish some sort of portal page, then there are some software out there that does that. Just search for free hotspot software or something in that nature. If your on a budget, why not look at a WLC2504 or even a WLC2106 (end of sale) or even and older WLC2006. The last two you can find cheap on eBay or a Cisco refurb shop. Then you can. Invert the APs you have and then use the webauth page built into the WLC.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card