Hi Goerge,Ur Comments,Please

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Goerge

what is ur comments on the Below threat from ur wireless expertize poit of view

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2068292?tstart=0

25 Replies 25

Hi George, I Realy Apprecite ur help,Issue Like what with UDLD Port Aggressive?

Leo covered UDLD covered the possible issue you could have ... So i wouldnt add it to your config ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Perhaps Leo, Nick, or Sur could add some input ...

Thank you very much George.

I don't UDLD because the WLC doesn't understand it.  If the switch is configured UDLD port aggressive (or fast aggressive for the 6500 with SXI4a and later) and the WLC doesn't understand then there's a remote chance that the switch will say "Hmmm ... I didn't hear the UDLD hello packet coming back.  Maybe the link is down."  And the switch just might bring the link into error-disable.

Leo if I could give you 50+ i would ... Thats an excellent point, i knew this didnt smell right ... Good call, "note to self for next time"

leolaohoo wrote:

Perhaps Leo, Nick, or Sur could add some input ...

Thank you very much George.

I don't UDLD because the WLC doesn't understand it.  If the switch is configured UDLD port aggressive (or fast aggressive for the 6500 with SXI4a and later) and the WLC doesn't understand then there's a remote chance that the switch will say "Hmmm ... I didn't hear the UDLD hello packet coming back.  Maybe the link is down."  And the switch just might bring the link into error-disable.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Got another option ... But I haven't tried this.

Connect the WLC as a LAG into a Layer 2 switch, for example 2960G (for Gig ports).  From the 2960G configure etherchannel to the WLC.

Next the links from the 2960G to two 6500.  Configure TWO (2) etherchannel links made up of four 1Gb links to each 6500 chassis.

Thats an idea, never did that before muself. Rather, if it were me i would stick with the ports and call it a day ... 5+

Yup.  I've posted my comment after I saw this.  

Nice recommendation George (+5 from me).

What WLC is being used here?   440X or 5508?

Thanks

Thanks for the ratings Ibrahim.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the ratings George and Ibrahim.

Thanks Leleho and thanks Goerge,I Like ppl share knowledge and Helps Others

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card