cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I add a Access Point to WLC-9800 via CLI

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

I have searched and searched, can't seem to find how I can use command line to add an access-point.  I have its mac address, ip address, already have wireless profiles, Tags, etc defined for other AP's.

Can someone with better eyes point me to a doc that defines how to use cli to add AP's. I know there is  specific order add in cli.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand correctly you lookng configure AP via  CLI to join conntroller ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

yes, use the cli commnds to join  an AP (AIR-CAP37) to the controller. 

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/command/reference/lwap/lwapcr74_chapter_010.pdf

A bit long, but you are looking for this command:

capwap ap primary-base controller_name controller_ip_address

a bit old but should be a similar command structure.

Thanks, I can find the individual CLI commands.  looking for the step-by-step using cli.

it's usually point it at the controller and that's it. you really don't do much via CLI.

would appear my access points cisco AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9 are requesting new DHCP ever 90 seconds.

We have never seen that before and the AP's keep incrementing their ip's.  .99, .100, .101, etc. 

No other device is doing this on this subnet. we see other devices getting correct lease expiration. 

also putting dhcp on the router, the two AP's exhibit the same behavior.

Just trying to get the AP's to take a single IP to register to controller. AP's are remote, so I can't get into console port. 

thanks 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card