cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you enable HTTPS access to your EWC?

InquiringTech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, it seems HTTPS should be enabled and activated for the EWC, but I'm still getting the no https indicator on my browser when going to the IP for the web GUI:

InquiringTech_1-1679086479117.png

What other steps should be taken?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

HTTPs is enabled as you can see from the screenshot and the URL. The not secure error you are getting is due to not having a trusted certificate to access HTTPs and thus browsers will always throw that error at you. If you wish to resolve this , you will need to install a 3rd party certificate onto the controller and set that as the HTTP trust point as shown below in your screenshot

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You probably don't have installed a valid certificate for the IP/hostname. Then the red message is normal. If you click on it, you should see that your browser doesn't trust the offered certificate. The connection itself should still be encrypted though.

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

HTTPs is enabled as you can see from the screenshot and the URL. The not secure error you are getting is due to not having a trusted certificate to access HTTPs and thus browsers will always throw that error at you. If you wish to resolve this , you will need to install a 3rd party certificate onto the controller and set that as the HTTP trust point as shown below in your screenshot

Ah right, I wasn't sure if we could just use the built-in trustpoints. So we need a third-party cert, okay. Thanks.

You can use them, but not without the red warning. There are possibilities to install that self-signed certificated in your computer certificate trust store and then your browser should trust it, if the URL is correct in the CN of the certificate.

But the clean way is to use a third-party cert, if you want to get rid of the red message.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card