Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add option 43 manually on AP 1562e cli

hashimwajid1
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to give static ip and gateway to AP 1562e. WLC is in different subnet.

I believe I need to given below command for static ip on AP

Capwap ap ip 10.1.1.20 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1

wlc ip is 20.1.1.10, which is in different subnet. 

How can I configure option 43 on AP cli for registering on wlc? What should be command for this

Do I need to configure any thing else other then static ip and option 43 on AP cli.

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally, i do no like static IP binding to AP, if you like to do reserve in DHCP Server with MAC to give same IP address.

you need to manually configure WLC IP address (which is not good, it required every time manually, rather i rely on DHCP Server to serve all the requests and related config to AP ?)

capwa ap controller ip addr y.y.y.y

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Option 43 is a DHCP option. Since you have configured the AP with a static IP you would need to statically define the WLC onto the AP.

capwap ap controller ip addr [IP Address]

or if muitiple WLCs:

capwap ap primary-base “WLCname” “WLCip”

capwap ap secondary-base “WLCname” “WLCip”

if you need the AP to have a static IP the other option would be with DHCP bindings of the AP ethernet MAC address to the IP and then the DHCP scope could be configured with the option 43.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally, i do no like static IP binding to AP, if you like to do reserve in DHCP Server with MAC to give same IP address.

you need to manually configure WLC IP address (which is not good, it required every time manually, rather i rely on DHCP Server to serve all the requests and related config to AP ?)

capwa ap controller ip addr y.y.y.y

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Option 43 is a DHCP option. Since you have configured the AP with a static IP you would need to statically define the WLC onto the AP.

capwap ap controller ip addr [IP Address]

or if muitiple WLCs:

capwap ap primary-base “WLCname” “WLCip”

capwap ap secondary-base “WLCname” “WLCip”

if you need the AP to have a static IP the other option would be with DHCP bindings of the AP ethernet MAC address to the IP and then the DHCP scope could be configured with the option 43.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card