cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure 2.4 and 5GHz configure by CLI in AP

Faizi
Level 1
Level 1

We have these Cisco access points. When the firmware was an older version, I configured the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands both in one SSID through the GUI. Now that I have updated the firmware to a new version, I want to configure the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands both in one SSID through the CLI. Please assist me with this issue.

This model AP: AIR-CAP3702l-A-K9

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-4/config-guide/ewc_cg_17_4/802_11_parameters_for_cisco_access_points.pdf

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi dear,

I didn't find the configuration in the PDF please mention the command clearly.

Thank you

- What particular command are you looking for ? Note that by default both bands are enabled

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

How is it possible that both defaults work Explain to me.

- That's a default , 

M.

Thank you for your reply but,

I didn't know if I needed to configure both 2.4GHz and 5GHz or if they were by default configured under one SSID.

If you can give me your Telegram or WhatsApp I will be happy.

- They are configured by default, in  general you will only want to configure WLAN parameters for the particular SSID and the GUI is best for that ,

M.

That configuration is right or wrong?

- It's OK ,

M.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The link Marce has given you is for 9800 series WLCs running IOS-XE.
You are referring to an old IOS AP running autonomous IOS.
The config guide with examples (which I'm sure I provided on one of your many previous posts @Faizi ) is at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap4-first.html
If you search for "cisco autonomous ap configuration cli" you'll find plenty of other examples, blogs and videos.
Some examples:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap4-first.html#82997
https://blog.dchidell.com/2016/09/10/cisco-autonomous-wireless-network-at-home/

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

This piece of config would do the trick (you need to create a radio and ethereent subinterface to map every SSID you create):

dot11 mbssid
!
dot11 ssid LAB_WIFI
vlan 1
band-select
authentication open
authentication key-management wpa version 2
guest-mode
mbssid guest-mode
wpa-psk ascii 0 Passw0rd
!
interface Dot11Radio0
no ip address
!
encryption vlan 1 mode ciphers aes-ccm
!
ssid LAB_WIFI
!
antenna gain 6
stbc
speed 6.0 9.0 basic-12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0
power local 2
power client 14
channel 2412
station-role root
rts threshold 2312
no cdp enable
!
interface Dot11Radio0.1
encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
no ip route-cache
bridge-group 1
bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
no bridge-group 1 source-learning
no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
!
interface Dot11Radio1
no ip address
no ip route-cache
!
encryption vlan 1 mode ciphers aes-ccm
!
ssid LAB_WIFI
!
antenna gain 6
peakdetect
no dfs band block
stbc
no mbssid
speed 9.0 basic-12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0 m0. m1. m2. m3. m4. m5. m6. m7. m8. m9. m10. m11. m12. m13. m14. m15. m16. a1ssnone a2ssnone a3ssnone
power client 17
channel 5320
station-role root
rts threshold 2312
no cdp enable
!
interface Dot11Radio1.1
no ip route-cache
bridge-group 1
bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
!
interface GigabitEthernet0
no ip address
no ip route-cache
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet0.1
no ip route-cache
bridge-group 1

Thanks for your help.

I can configure all 70 APs like this, and no problems will arise. Additionally, I can set it up on the gateway. We have installed Mikrotik routers on all access points connected with Mikrotik router and we don't have WLC

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card