cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to convert AIR-AP1041N (autonomus) to AIR-LAP1041N (lwapp)

Hi,

some days ago I succesfully converted  AIR-LAP1041N (lwapp) to AIR-AP1041N (autonomus).

I used  c1140-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA1.tar which is available to download in Download Software Section for this AP.

But there are any autonomus to lightweigt firmware for this AP.

I tried to use  c1140-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2.tar for 1140 but AP hungs after that.

How can i back to LWAPP version in 1041?

7 Replies 7

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Image is correct but i am not sure how exactly ue converting the Autonomous to LWAPP.. hungs means wat?/

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

converting by command:

archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp://IP/c1140-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JX.tar

after reboot i see on console:

lashfs[0]: 8 files, 2 directories

flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories

flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 32385024

flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 2371072

flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 30013952

flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 22 seconds.

Reading cookie from system serial eeprom...Done

Base Ethernet MAC address: 30:e4:db:ab:4f:3a

Ethernet speed is 100 Mb - HALF duplex

Loading "flash:/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx"...#########################################################################################################################################################################################################################

File "flash:/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x4000

executing...

enet halted

ŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔ$/ěçďä/÷Řč/ěČÔ...

and then more lines like :"ŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔ$/ěçďä/÷Řč/ěČÔ"

wat does the console logs say??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

this is what can i see on the console:

Loading "flash:/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx"...#########################################################################################################################################################################################################################

File "flash:/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x4000

executing...

enet halted

ŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔ&/îçďä/÷Řč/ěČÔÓďěĐďçô3Ď/ěÜě/ěŘŔČ/ďŕ÷4Ç/ďÓď÷÷óÜ÷ÜŔČ/÷ÜÇ÷÷ÜëĎ/ěŔÄ/ďĐ/ěŔď÷ďËĎĎ÷7ËĎ÷ďŔÓď/đĂç/ďÄĎ÷3ÇďŔčď÷ÜËďďć/÷Řč/÷÷÷ÜŔĂďÜÜËďŔĚď÷Üč÷Ü÷÷ŢÜëĎ/Ď/ďěä/÷ĐÇ/óÜ÷ěŔč÷3Ŕď÷7Ű/ěäď/÷0ŘÜĐß/÷/ďč/ěäÜÔßĎîčďďĂĎ/ěŔŰŔ$/ěçďä/÷Řč/ěČ/đĂ$/÷ěĐďçÜŘŘ//ďç/ěŔĂďŔ

/Ď;ÜÜËďĎóÜçäÜäćďŰăóŔĂĎ÷ěŔç/ďÄ/Ď/ďěä/÷ĐÇoóóÓŔĐÓ/÷ŔßĎěŔč÷3Ŕ$/÷ěĐďçÜ÷÷ëËď÷÷4Ç/÷čĂďĂÜĎ÷îŔď÷7ŕ/ďč/ěä/đĂ'ď÷ěčďďĂĎ/ěŔÇ÷0ëď/ěŔĂďĎčĎ;ÔŔç/ěÇĎóĚëäÜääďŰďŕăçÜŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔÇ/÷ÜÇď÷ÜÔóďďË/÷ÜŘŔĎ÷ŘÜŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔăďŕŔ//ěçďŔ(/ď/÷0Üčä/÷ďË/đĂŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔŔ'/Ď÷Óßď/ěŘŔ/÷4Ěď÷ÜÜ/÷0ŔóëăçčŰăďŕěÜÇď÷ÜôôÔŔ'ď÷ěčďďĂĎ/ěŘŔ/ŢçŕŔ'ď÷ěčďďĂĎ/ěŔĐ/ÜçŕŰ$ďĎë/ÜëđŰóëËĎď/÷÷÷ÜĚÜčĐäăĂ/óÓ0óÔ

but i connected this AP to dhcp server i see that AP recived IP address from DHCP i tries to search conntroller (i can see frames from AP in wireshark, req to DHCP for CISCO-CAPWAP-CONTROLLER).

so in next days i will try to connect AP to the controller (wlc is in different site, without vpn connectivity).

i think that AP is bad, because of this "weirid chars" on console, but maybe when ap updates firmware from wlc, it will be OK.

thanks for help for now.

If ur using the Hyperterminal.. go fo rthe right baud rates or restore defaults settings... i dont think there is an issue with the AP hardware.. try downloading the software again from the website and retry the process.. and another thing is.. see if it regusters ti the WLC!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I've the same problem, did you find a solution?

Thanks

Theo

mourad lafjer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First of all, exuse my poor english, i've faced the same problem while trying to convert 8 CISCO 1042n from Autonomous to LWAP.

Tthis morning i managed to fix it by trying to do the conversion with an old version of the IOS.

This it the first ios i tried to convert the AP with c1140-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JX but failed, then i tried with this one

c1140-rcvk9w8-tar.124-23c.JA and every thing worked fine.

Regards.

LAFJER Mourad.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card