cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create sh run-config and copy to my Win PC

Kyle Stewart
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm kind of new to some of the WLC stuff. I know how to ssh and run sh run-config but how do I get the output onto my PC so I can import it into WLCCA?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zain Khan
Level 1
Level 1

@Kyle Stewart wrote:

So I'm kind of new to some of the WLC stuff. I know how to ssh and run sh run-config but how do I get the output onto my PC so I can import it into WLCCA?

Hi, Kyle,

There are two easy ways to do that.

1. use "Secure CRT"and log the session you can get all config of your WLC but you cant load it directly to WLC.

2. use TFTPD and download configuration file from WLC GUI to your server/PC using TFTPD. this wil give you config file that can be run directly to WLC.

Zain Khan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/forzain/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello @Kyle Stewart

Just go to "File" tab and "Open" option. Then, map your file on the local folder.

Let me know if that´s your doubt.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

mcselltor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Kyle,

the easiest way is to copy the configuration file via the GUI:

commands/upload file

file type: configuration

I use TFTP64 to copy the file to a Windows PC.

Regards, Torsten

Zain Khan
Level 1
Level 1

@Kyle Stewart wrote:

Hi, Kyle,

There are two easy ways to do that.

1. use "Secure CRT"and log the session you can get all config of your WLC but you cant load it directly to WLC.

2. use TFTPD and download configuration file from WLC GUI to your server/PC using TFTPD. this wil give you config file that can be run directly to WLC.

Zain Khan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/forzain/
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card